Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pork Chops, Eggs Over Easy, Peppers and Mushrooms, Oh My!

In a Bind? Think Fresh!

So last night I needed a quick fix for dinner. I was in one of those moods where it was about 6:45 p.m., I had been out running errands and didn't really know what I wanted to eat. So I ventured to the grocery store without any idea what I felt like having. I walked by the veggies, then through the fruits and came to the meat. Then it hit me! 

PREP: During cooking
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total: Around 20 minutes

INGREDIENTS

1 pork chop

1 small sweet potato (optional)

1 green pepper (you can grab any color)

1 package button mushrooms

2 eggs (also optional)

1 Tbs coconut oil or olive oil

DIRECTIONS

Throw your pork chops into a medium sized skillet on medium heat and add your oil

Fry pork chops until done in the middle (around 8-10 minutes) 

While your chops are cooking, rinse your mushrooms and pepper and chop them up (any way you would like- I sliced the pepper and cubed the mushrooms). Keep your heat at medium
  



Also, while your chops are cooking, poke holes in your sweet potato (if you chose to grab one) and put in the microwave for around 4 minutes

After your chops are done, put them on a plate to the side. Use the leftover juice from the pork chops to cook your mushrooms and peppers in (you may need to add a tad more oil)

Saute the mushrooms and peppers until soft (about 6-7 minutes)

After the mushrooms and peppers are done - push them to the side of your skillet (to keep them warm) and add your two eggs. Cook to your liking :) I LOVE me some over easy eggs. 

When your eggs are done, put them on top of your pork chop and add the mushroom/green peppers on top of your eggs. 

Grab your sweet potato! (it will probably be done and sitting in the microwave by this point so don't forget about it!) 





The best thing to do when eating Paleo is to think fresh! 

Enjoy!


All the best -- 


No comments:

Post a Comment