Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Eggs Stuffed in Avocado

I love avocado. I would eat it by the handful if I ever thought about it. This little treat can be a meal or a snack. It is filling, for sure.

What's neat about this recipe too, is you CAN reheat it. I did. I made it last night and put them in a zip loc bag in the fridge to have for lunch today. It was great! You'd never think warm avocado would be even slightly appetizing. It is tasty! Try it- at least so you can say you did!

PREP: 3 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total: 18-23 minutes
Serves: 1

INGREDIENTS

1 Avocado
2 Eggs
Salt & Pepper
2 Slices Bacon, Cooked - Optional
 
DIRECTIONS 

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F 

Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the avocado (with a spoon) so the hole matches the size of your egg – this helps by keeping the egg in the avocado and not leaking onto your baking sheet

Crack each egg into your avocado halves. Try balancing the edge of the avocado on the side of the cookie sheet – you will be glad you did – to avoid the eggs spilling out.

If you chose to use bacon. Duh. Place the pieces of bacon on top. I would lightly fry your bacon (in a skillet for about 3-4 minutes). Just to make sure the bacon is fully cooked and not limp. Ew.  

Depending on how you like your eggs cooked- cooking time will vary. You will know the eggs are mostly done when the whites- turn white. I know. Brilliant. Watch the yolk too- it will turn a dark yellow if overcooked.  

Once they are done enough to your liking, add salt and pepper to taste 
I didn’t get a picture of my avocado stuffed with eggs. So I found one. It’s way better than mine would have been anyway. Photo Courtesy of: www.californiaavocado.com

Enjoy!
 

--All the Best!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment