Friday, March 15, 2013

Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage

Over the past couple of years, I have gotten it in my head that it isn’t officially St. Patrick’s Day until corned beef and cabbage has made its way into my belly.

This will be the third CB&C recipe I’ll try. Not that the others were bad. I just enjoy trying new things.
 
Since I haven’t made this yet- I am using a picture from where I got the recipe from. It looks amazing! I’ll be crock-potting it tomorrow (Saturday) to eat on Sunday.

[After celebrating the festivities on Saturday- it'll be a perfect snack-all-day-and-don't-move-or-talk-loud type of meal on Sunday] 
 
Have a safe and happy St. Patrick's Day weekend!

 
Photo from : www.skinnytaste.com
 
INGREDIENTS 

2 lbs lean corned beef brisket, all fat trimmed off
1 cup frozen pearl onions
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
1 small head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1/8 tsp whole peppercorns
 
DIRECTIONS

In a 5-6 qt crock pot, place brisket, carrots, parsnips, pearl onions, parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns and 3 cups of water

Cover and cook on high 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours

About 1 hour and 20 minutes left before you eat, add your cabbage and cook on high

Remove meat, slice and serve



Enjoy!

 

-- All the Best
 

 

Recipe from: www.skinnytaste.com

No comments:

Post a Comment