Monday, August 20, 2012

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dang sweets. Ok... not really.I love sweets. I decided to try these lovelies. Being as they have fresh blueberries in them and all. They were pretty good! I admit- I ate about 90% of them. I'm weak, don't judge me. 

This would be a fun dessert to make with kids! It comes out purple!

PS- I'll have a fish taco recipe tomorrow. I would eat desserts all day and everyday, if they wouldnt hate me in return.. Check back tomorrow!

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Serves: 15 (Mine made 17) 

INGREDIENTS

2 cups blueberries
1 cup walnuts (I didn’t have walnuts in the house so I used pecans)
2 tablespoons walnut oil (or almond or coconut oil- I used walnut oil- since I bought it special for this recipe- but then found out I didn’t have any walnuts when I got home. Doh.)
1.5 cup almond flour
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoon maple syrup
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt

DIRECTIONS

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees 

Place the two cups of blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, make sure to stir often  

While your blueberries cook, toss your walnuts (pecans) to your food processor and puree until they are turning into a thick nut butter 

While your food processor is still running, add your walnut oil to make a walnut butter 

Add your blueberries to your food processor with your walnuts. Puree until they are completely mixed together (careful those blueberries are hot!)
2 TBS will make big cookies!

Pour your batter into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients and mix well

Use a spoon (I used a TBS measuring cup) to scoop out 1-2 tablespoon sized blob of batter. Place each blob on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet

Bake for 23 – 25 minutes. Your cookies will be soft, so they may not look done- but they will be! 

Let cool. Mine stuck a bit when I tried to move them to a container. Try using a soft flipper or spatula



 Enjoy!

-- All the Best!

Recipe: www.paleomg.com (LOVE this blog!!)

2 comments:

  1. looks good... but wait. what's that you say about Fish tacos? I LOVE FISH TACOS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeessss! The recipe is up!

      http://ourpaleo-life.blogspot.com/2012/08/fish-tacos.html

      Delete