Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How to Make Your Own Coconut Butter

I have seen several recipes with coconut butter as an ingredient lately. Ever since I saw the recipes I’ve wanted to buy coconut butter – but haven’t had the opportunity (visiting family, Birthday parties, softball tournaments- its summer, gotta get it in while you can- get off my back, will ya!?)  

Ok. Sorry I blew up.  

Anyhow, I was browsing through one of my favorite Paleo bloggers, Juli at www.paleomg.com and came across one of her earlier “recipes” on how to make your own coconut butter. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?? Saving money is awesome. I don’t care who you are.

Coconut comes in all different forms. Mark’s Daily Apple gives you the low down and breaks up the different types of coconut into a guide. Who knew there were so many different ways you can get coconut! It’s interesting. Or as interesting as reading about coconut can be. If you’d like, read this: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-wonderful-world-of-coconut-products/#axzz22EG1mJke.   

Like Juli said in her post …

"This is a super complicated recipe. Don't tell me I didn't warn you."

Of course, that's a joke. It's one of the easiest things you can make.

Not only do I, but I have friends who swear this
is one of the best buy's you can make!
INGREDIENTS

1 package coconut flakes
A food processor

DIRECTIONS

Pour coconut flakes into your food processor. Try finding flakes, if you can. Shredded coconut doesn't make the right consistency for coconut butter, I don't think. Just an FYI 

Let your food processor run for around 8-10 minutes. If it sounds like the blade is just spinning and not mixing anything, turn off your processor and scrape the sides of the coconut and keep processing

Once you have a smooth concoction, use a spatula to scoop out of the processor bowl

Bottle or put in an air tight container and store at room temperature

Enjoy!
  
PS- Even your dog will love coconut flakes as a treat! http://www.cocotherapy.com/products_cocotherapy.htm


Check out Juli’s blog. I get a lot of recipes from her. She rocks my socks off. www.paleomg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment