Ever heard of a Yonanas? Well. I hadn't either up until about a month or so ago. My mom asked me and was completely shocked that not only I, but no one else she knows has ever heard of a Yonanas. I was skeptical at first because it's one of those "As seen on TV" type items. I am now telling you. Get one. Especially if you have children. This contraption makes amazingly delicious cold treats. Seriously. I was pretty much craving one of these every day after I tried one.
Technically its a banana ice cream maker. I feel like it’s more of a frozen yogurt, myself. It comes with a recipe book with tons of recipes. You always use a banana and mix it with frozen fruits and if you want, nuts!
I'm not trying to sell the product but I highly recommend it.
** If you are looking to lose weight, eating more fruit and nuts is not the best idea unless being used for an occasional treat to replace regular ice cream or any other sugary snack ** As you delve further into Paleo, these kinds of snacks won’t even be relevant, your sugar cravings will eventually be nonexistent.
There are constant debates about whether this type of treat is Paleo or not. Since we are 90/10 Paleo, a treat like this is perfectly fine with us on occasion.
Keep your food portions in moderation. Don't get crazy. Just because it's fruit doesn't mean you need to fill the bowl past the brim.
Why is it Healthy?
As you look for ways to boost your intake of minerals and vitamins, improve your athletic performance or shed those unwanted pounds, you might not have to look much further than a simple banana. Available year round in its own environmentally-friendly packaging, the Banana is a healthy choice for the young and the old. Your yonanas maker will turn those over-ripe bananas into a delicious and creamy treat that looks and tastes like soft serve ice cream.
A bowl of Simply Yonanas (1/2 C serving) = approximately 100 calories. Add in your favorite fruits like blueberries and raspberries or even some high antioxidant dark chocolate and you have created a healthy and delicious treat.
The calories may bump up a little bit but you started with an amazing fruit foundation!
· Bananas are high in potassium, a mineral that helps in the building of muscles and protein synthesis
· Bananas contain all natural energy from three natural sugars: sucrose, fructose and glucose. No other fruit contains more digestible carbohydrates
· Bananas contain NO sodium, fat or cholesterol
· Bananas are high in fiber and much of its fiber is soluble, the kind that can help lower cholesterol
· Bananas are called “brain food” because of its high level of potassium, important for the brain to function
· Called the “good mood food,” Bananas contain Vitamin B6 and tryptophan content, which help elevate feelings of pleasure
· Yonanas are a great natural source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, and even protein
· When you add in other fruits and nuts like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peanuts, almonds to the base of bananas, you add more nutrition including: vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, protein, manganese, more potassium and dietary fiber, and loads of antioxidants, making Yonanas a super Superfood
Here's a clip from HSN.com on how it works
For more information on the Yonanas, visit their website www.yonanas.com